Our Health and Safety ethos
Standards within the industry have increased significantly in recent years with regard to Health and Safety, however DDS Environmental go above and beyond the standard requirements to ensure that our colleagues, clients and the general public are never placed at risk.
- Our site teams hold above and beyond the basic industry requirements in regards to training, to ensure the highest achievable standards possible.
- DDS Environmental site management hold a variety of certifications from UKATA & the CITB, which gives reassurance that all sites are compliant with CAR2012 and CDM2015.
- DDS Environmental site operatives hold a variety of certifications from UKATA, NDTG, CITB, IPAF, PASMA & British Red Cross to name but a few. All external training is backed up via our internal training needs analysis program which monitors the progress of each employee so that we can provide additional training as and when required.
- Our in-house stores team ensure that all established sites are equipped with compliant welfare facilities & all necessary protective equipment.
- To ensure that DDS Environmental follow the emphasis set by the HSE – that license holders should have excellent Health and Safety knowledge and should be able to manage their own H&S requirements without the use of external input – we directly employ a Chartered Safety Practitioner who specialises in asbestos management and demolition activities.
- To maintain the highest possible standards, we employ external industry specialists to conduct random site inspections as well as unannounced inspections from ARCA.
- All sites are issued with site specific method statements and risk assessments, which are explained to all site staff before starting work.